If you're looking for a delicious authentic, simple, quick & easy fried rice recipe, you've come to the right place!
Today, you'll be learning our go-to Egg Fried Rice recipe. The ingredients in this recipe can be made to serve approx. 4 people and can very easily be found almost anywhere.
Let's get started.
What you'll need:
- 2 cups of white rice (preferably left in the fridge overnight)
- 3 chopped carrots
- 2 diced onions
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons of chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons of chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- First, heat up a wok (or a large saucepan) over the stove. You'll want to stay at a medium heat for the entire time.
- Pour 1 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil and toss in the carrots and onions to start. Keep stirring for 4-5 minutes until the onions are light brown and the carrots are al-dente.
- Next, toss the garlic and ginger into the wok or pan. Continue to stir until you begin to notice a powerful fragrant scent arising.
- Throw in the rice. Not all at once but in segments to speed up the heating and make it easier for you to mix.
- Mix the ingredients together until the rice has been fully mixed and heated up.
- Make enough space in the middle of the wok or pan for the eggs. Pour in the rest of the sesame oil and then break the eggs into your wok/pan.
- Wait until the bottom of the eggs start to fry then mix the fried rice with the eggs.
- Pour the soy sauce over the egg fried rice and be sure to stir-fry whilst doing this.
Serve your easy & delicious egg fried rice into sizeable dishes. Add salt & pepper for taste.
Fried rice can also be a healthy dish to prepare. You can add more variations of vegetables into Step 2.